Attention all aspiring horticulture professionals!
The 6th intake for the Fellowship will be opening for applications on September 1st, 2023.
If you’re looking to develop your career within the horticulture industry, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. The Fellowship is designed to nurture future leaders in the commercial horticulture industry and is supported by some of the industry’s leading organisations, including the National Farmers Union, the British Growers Association, The Horticultural Trades Association and the Chartered Institute of Horticulture.
One of the key benefits of the Fellowship is the opportunity to broaden your perspective, create a network, and equip yourself for a future leadership role within the industry. The Managing Agent for the Scheme, Coral Clark, commented, “These are exciting and challenging times for horticulture, and the LSA Fellows will be vital in shaping our sector for the future.”
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should apply for the Fellowship:
1) Increase your understanding of the commercial horticulture industry and the role that trade bodies play in the development of industry strategies.
2) Our two-year scheme increases your knowledge of current research and wider industry issues.
3) Opportunity to attend meetings and study tours across the horticulture sector, covering technical, strategy, and marketing.
4) Chance to experience the entire horticulture industry; from Lettuce production to Hardy Shrub production.
5) You will be awarded a bursary of up to £3,000 which you can draw down on to cover your activities within the scheme.
Lauren Hladun, a 2021 Fellow, had this to say about her experience, “The Fellowship has been a superb opportunity to meet similar like-minded individuals from across all sectors of the industry. Each fellow brings a different set of skills and knowledge to the group, and together we have been able to share experiences and learn from each other, as well as attend various industry meetings, and conferences, and visit business and research facilities throughout the UK which are pivotal to the development of the sector. I would highly recommend the LSA fellowship scheme to any young person who is looking to expand their knowledge and understanding of the horticultural industry.” Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level!
The Fellowship opens for the 2023 intake on the 1st September and closes on the 31st October. Application forms and scheme information can be found on our website www.lsactfellowship.org. For more information, please contact Coral Clark at British Growers on email@example.com or 01507 602427.