Date – 20 February 2019
Time – 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Where – Royal Botanic Gardens, Arboretum Place, Edinburgh, EH3 5NZ. View Map
Discover some of the wide range of horticultural careers available in the UK. Talk to fellow horticulturalists, listen to talks by those working in the industry and discover some of the leading horticultural companies and organisations.
- 10:00am Registration and Welcome – Fletcher Building, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- George Anderson, Welcome
- Owen Doyle, Future Careers in Horticulture
- Panel of young Horticulturists: Kate White (Head Gardener at Cowden Castle), Japanese Garden.
Sophie Lewis (Frank P Matthews Nursery) and Lee MacPherson (East Lothian Council).
- 12:00 Lunch
- Jamie Butterworth (Horticultural Consultant & RHS Ambassador): From Carrots to Chelsea
- Nick Bailey (TV Presenter, Garden Designer & Writer): Roots into Horticulture
- 2:35pm Questions.
Who is the event aimed at?
- Anyone interested in starting a career in horticulture
- Students on horticulture courses
- Anyone already in horticulture wishing to progress their career
- Anyone with qualifications / experience in another area wanting to apply these to horticulture
- Career advisers
How much does it cost?
It’s free but please register your attendence via https://goo.gl/p2H4HE as places are limited (If this link no longer works the event is fully booked).
For further information about careers in horticulture visit GROWcareers.
Thank you to those who have sponsored this event.
British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI), Lantra Scotland, Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh (RBGE), SRUC & SRUC Work-based learning,The MacRobert Trust, Caulders Garden Centres, GP Plantscape, ICL, Pentland Plants, Royal Caledonian Horticultural Society (RCHS), Scottish Government and Simply Plants Landscape.
Organised by the Scotland branch of the Chartered Institute of Horticulture.